Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Summer in Bristol

Summer is the time for outdoor activities.  Just the other day I watched this documentary on BBC about the British Outdoors.  My, the Brits really go all out during summer - camping, cycling, walking, fishing, picnicking, hiking, rambling, you name it!  Of course, we Malaysians don't really understand what the fuss is about as we live in a temperate country whereby 'summer' is experienced all year round.  As a sun-loving person, though, I welcome the summer with all my heart :D!

Anyway, summer in Bristol is not the same as, say, summer in Michigan.  Not sunshine all the way.  Maybe due to Bristol's close proximity to the sea, you'll get alternative days of rain and shine.  But then again, maybe it's just the English weather :P... 

Just the other day, my co-supervisor remarked that this summer is not a typical Bristol summer.  When I asked her what she meant, she said that it has been unusually 'hot' (when it's hot la...) this time around.  Well, I don't mind.  I'd rather have the sun scorch my skin than have the rain dampen my spirits :)!  But then again... I do think I have become a tad too tan for my liking.  Nak buat macamana, kulit Melayu... hehehe!  I guess I'll just have to slather more of those sunblock on my face :)...








Di samping Dr. Eyja yang putih melepak 
...or was it the foundation? :)

No comments: