Monday, October 4, 2010

London Revisited - Madame Tussauds

We were in London again, recently.  My BIL and his wife came all the way from Kuala Lumpur for raya-cum-holiday-cum-honeymoon and we had to meet up.  Of course, we were there for our Malaysian goodies too - baju, kuih and duit raya (my children lah :P). We took the opportunity to spend time together and took the kids sightseeing.  After all, my dad kept reminding me to take his cucus to those paid-up places of interest as he had given the angpow.  I confess I have been very miserly (Kui!Kui!Kui!) with my money but who could blame me?  I'm just a student living on a shoe-string scholarship... Huhuhu...

Our first outing was Madame Tussauds.  Well, it was only BIL, his wife Nani, the daughter and me, actually.  Hubby decided that he's not going to waste his time and money gawking at some lifeless statues.  So, hubby and my sons had their father-son time elsewhere.

I bought the tickets online as they were supposed to be cheaper but believe me, they're not...  For three adults and one child I had to fork out about 97 Pounds:  82.72 + VAT 14.48.  Well, that's how things are here: duit, duit, duit (macam lagu M. Nasir tu...:P). 

There was a long (but moving) queue at the entrance of Madame Tussauds eventhough we had purchased so-called Priority-Access TicketsTak ada maknanya... seemed like everybody else had purchased them too :P. 

It was a 'working' Friday morning, and yet the exhibition hall was brimming with people.  I don't remember seeing so many people in my friends' pictures of Madame Tussauds.  Siap boleh posing maut lagi.  Well, not on the day of our visit.  People were queuing to take pictures with their idols which weren't even real!  Well, as Nani my SIL put it: "Nak bergambar dengan orang betul, belum tentu dapat...".  So, there we were, joining the crowd.

With Julia Roberts :)

Marilyn Monroe

Miley Cyrus

Johnny Depp

Brangelina too :),
These statues don't really look like them, do they??


This picture of us with Shahrukh Khan was actually taken for the sake of my friend, Bunny who was crazy of him (Jangan marah, Bunny :)).  Tak minat pun...  In fact, SRK was not mobbed by fans compared to Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai; hence no pix of us with these Bollywood stars!


Barulah dapat posing macam ye ye je... Hehehe!
Audrey Hepburn - Breakfast at Tiffany's

Princess Diana lives on

The grand old dame - Madame Tussaud

Besides taking pictures ourselves, there were also in-house photographers who took pictures of visitors with the more in-demand statues such as Robert Pattinson (of Twilight fame), Michael Jackson and the Queen & the Duke of Edinburgh (to name a few).  No obligation to buy these photos.  If you like 'em, you buy em.  If not, don't need to.  Never thought that I would fall for this :P.  Our picture was taken when we were on the Spirit of London ride, and I thought that the edited picture turned out pretty cool .  So, I parted with a few pounds for it :)


We went to all the exhibition zones except for the Chamber of Horrors and Scream.  BIL had gone there during his last visit.  SIL and my daughter were too scared to enter.  So, I had to forego that as nobody would accompany me... Huhuhu!  Anyway, the Spirit of London ride and the 9-minute Marvel Super Heroes 4D film quickly cheered me up! 


Verdict:  Not bad at all!  I enjoyed myself immensely minus the pushing and jostling!  The experience could have been better if the place wasn't too crowded.  Perhaps cheaper tickets in the future?? (Fat chance! :P)

No comments: